As part of our commitment to safety and product stewardship, we ensure that our product SDS’s are comprehensive, transparent, and compliant.
Each Safic chemical product has a Safety Data Sheet (SDS). An SDS details information relating to occupational safety and health for the use of the product. Our SDS’s include instructions for the safe use and potential hazards associated with the particular product, and also include details of handling spills. Our SDS format is in line with international standardization.
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals specifies the format for the SDS’s. This is an internationally agreed 16 section format which is as follows:
· SECTION 1: Identification of the substance/mixture and of the company/undertaking
· SECTION 2: Hazards identification
· SECTION 3: Composition/information on ingredients
· SECTION 4: First aid measures
· SECTION 5: Firefighting measures
· SECTION 6: Accidental release measure
· SECTION 7: Handling and storage
· SECTION 8: Exposure controls/personal protection
· SECTION 9: Physical and chemical properties
· SECTION 10: Stability and reactivity
· SECTION 11: Toxicological information
· SECTION 12: Ecological information
· SECTION 13: Disposal considerations
· SECTION 14: Transport information
· SECTION 15: Regulatory information
· SECTION 16: Other information
In order to ensure that our SDS’s fully comply, we use a software system that evaluates each raw material in line with the latest information and regulations.
If you would like any more information on SDS’s or other technical information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.